Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Weekend


Ah - The Weekend!

Scorchio as Channel 9 would say.

Well, they don't come much better. My beautiful Soul Mate (The Jinster), good friends, great weather, amazing sounds and a brand new sequencer for me to get to grips with.

The Jinster (above) was in full effect this weekend. Favourite quote "It's F**cked" pertaining to amongst other things: the shower in the bathroom, the can opener etc, etc... Since we stopped working for The Man life has really started all over again. We're both so chilled and feel like a whole new chapter has begun - which I suppose it has. The Book has been nagging me again (lots more on this to follow) and ideas are coming thick & fast. It really makes me wonder just how much we could all achieve if we weren't - as my brother so affectionately calls it "Wage Slaves"....

We were lucky enough to entertain one half of the Space Turkeys and I:Nerve this weekend. It got messy (it was always going to if we're honest). I:Nerve dropped a copy of his latest EP "Mystery Bags & Budgie Smugglers" - amazing dark and twisted Breaks. Hope to get audio clips up for you soon....

Anyway, Space is calling. We're viewing a property in Talamanca (Ibiza) shortly and if all goes well we'll be living by the sea on the most amazing of Islands. While we're there our favourite Club puts on it's weekend special - so it'd be rude not to drop by :) Tiefschwarz are playing as well as Jeff Mills and quite a few of my homies from Basics.... all things considered it should be a blinder. There will of course be a full review on this very blog (and subsequently posted to the Hub).

No comments: