Thursday, November 09, 2006

For Spencer

Sitting on the beach in November. Surely this can't be right. A deserted beach at that, yet the temperature is still 70º and the sea is like a beautiful turquoise mirror. The sunlight dances across the tips of the slowly breaking waves and the only link to my previous life is the voice in my ear. I'm drawing spirals in the fine golden sand as we talk, the smell of the sea - the enticing aroma I now class as the scent of home - washing over me. I laugh as he, in his inimitable style recounts the tale of a recent meeting between himself and the person who "introduced" us. Spencer always makes me laugh, he's always had that ability and I guess he always will have. I told him recently - and it's a fact that had only occured to me a couple of days beforehand - that he'd managed to stick with me through two of my life's most stressful events. Events that sent people I'd assumed were friends running for the hills. As I feel the soft sand move easily between my toes I realise that all that is so far away now, it really is a previous life. I still have moments of doubt - who doesn't? But now, here on my dream Island with the sun sat way above me in a perfect blue sky and the sound of the sea gently adding it's rhythmic soundtrack I feel happier than I've ever felt. I look to my right and the gorgeous soul I call Juanita is smiling back at me. It doen't get any better than this...

Here's to you Spence..
Love & Miss Ya

Migz

No comments: